How do I start a child support case?
The options for starting a child support case are as follows:

A) You can apply for child support services at and choose to apply online at MiChildSupport (see "Quick Links" on FOC main page), or complete and mail the "IV-D Child Support Services Application/Referral" form DHS-1201

B) If paternity has been established, a Custody Packet is available at no cost at our Central Filing Office. The packet contains all the forms needed to start a case.

C) You may contact an attorney for case-establishment assistance.

Show All Answers

1. How do I start a child support case?
2. Can I access information about my child support case on line?
3. What is the purpose of a Show Cause hearing?
4. How do I have my Parenting Time court order enforced?
5. How can I get my child support order changed or reviewed?